Monday, July 21, 2008

Red Star Restaurant (65) 65325266, (65) 65325103

Very uniquely located in a HDB building on the whole of 7th floor. As I entered, it reminded me of HongKong dim sum restaurants. Very busy with pushcarts containing lots of dim sum. I had pickled cabbage which was very nicely seasoned, Big Pow which was really huge with delicious stuffing and soft skins, 1/2 a roast chicken which was very well done except for the kolo pok which did not fair as well, very nice chicken feet, delicious siew mai and char siew pau, the char siew cheong fun was okay, jellyfish pig leg was average due to a bit of porky smell or else it could have been quite good, mango pudding, almond jelly with longan, custard with mixed fruits and black herb jelly were okay. With 3 soft drinks and a pot of chinese tea, the bill came up to $76.30. As I was leaving I saw a plate of char hor fun carried by a waitress which looked yummy. Maybe I will go back for dinner and try the other dishes.


Food: 7/10. Service:8.5/10.


Address: #07-23, Blk 54, Chin Swee Road Singapore 160054.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

try the red star special yam ring baskit with chicken or seafd